DVAC Questions Former Minister V. Senthil Balaji in Alandur Over Tasmac Case

Former minister V. Senthil Balaji appeared before officials of the Directorate of Vigilance and Anti-Corruption (DVAC) in Alandur on Saturday for questioning in connection with a case registered over alleged irregularities in Tasmac.
Responding to summons issued by the agency, Balaji arrived at the DVAC office around 11:30 am and was questioned by the investigating officer for nearly three hours.
Speaking to mediapersons after stepping out of the DVAC office, Balaji stated that he had appeared before the investigating officer as directed and answered the questions put to him. He said that the questions and his responses were recorded by the officials.
Balaji declined to share specific details of the interrogation, noting that the inquiry is actively progressing. He said that as the investigation is still under way, it would not be appropriate for him to disclose the questions asked or the answers given at this stage.
Addressing reporters, the former minister termed the case a political vendetta registered with ulterior motives. He accused the government of prioritizing the registration of cases against Opposition leaders over governance. Balaji added that he was prepared to face any number of cases through legal avenues and argue the matter before the courts.
Responding to queries regarding a controversy involving a company from Karur in the Assembly, Balaji remarked that the legislature should serve as a forum for healthy debate and that ministers must provide appropriate answers to questions raised by members.
He also brought up his queries regarding hard disks reportedly missing from the Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation (Tangedco). He noted that while it was stated that 38 hard disks had been traced, there had been no proper explanation offered for the remaining 20.
Referring to details in a white paper on projects implemented by the previous DMK government in the energy department, Balaji alleged that questions raised in the Assembly on the issue were not being properly answered and that attempts were being made to create disruptions through unrelated remarks.
When questioned about Chief Minister C. Joseph Vijay's reported remark that three files were ready regarding cases and arrests, Balaji said that if there were documents against Opposition leaders, they should be made public instead of making such statements.
Balaji also claimed that after more than 100 days in office, the government had failed to deliver significant benefits to the public or fulfil its election promises. He stated that details regarding the Tasmac case would be placed before the court once the investigation concludes, after which he would provide a comprehensive response.